(NVOPENGL.DLL): 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.

Started by
4 comments, last by Chappa 24 years ago
First-chance exception in whatever.exe (NVOPENGL.DLL): 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction. Please help!! I just don't get it. If I'm debugging my (openGL-) program, I get the same error over and over (see above), but if I'll compile it as a release build and just run it normally (without the debugger hooked, I suppose) it just runs fine. Any ideas on this? I used to link dynamically to opengl32.dll and the error occures if glEnd() is called BTW I'm using a Viper770 with the detonator-drivers from NVIDIA installed (version 3.53). Edited by - Chappa on 4/17/00 6:24:09 PM
Advertisement
Hey you have my card

!
Try rolling back to the last known good version.

--------------
Revolver, aka Brian Smith
MIS Programmer Analyst
brian.smith@realpage.com
RealPage >> www.realpage.com

My views aren't even mine, much less my employers. =)

Edited by - revolver on 4/19/00 2:22:13 AM
Creativity is a bloody nuisance and an evil curse that will see to it that you die from stress and alcohol abuse at a very early age, that you piss off all your friends, break appointments, show up late, and have this strange bohemian urge (you know that decadent laid-back pimp-style way of life). The truly creative people I know all live lousy lives, never have time to see you, don't take care of themselves properly, have weird tastes in women and behave badly. They don't wash and they eat disgusting stuff, they are mentally unstable and are absolutely brilliant. (k10k)
I had the V770 TNT2 before, and have now a GeForce256. But still the same drivers... and the same problem: first chance exception at NVGL''s level in debug mode.

Either Windows98''s or the Detonator driver''s fault, I couldn''t find a way to solve it (work around launching the program outside VC6, but no debug).
However, I figured out that (sometimes) if I launched some OpenGL app before VC6 and my app to debug (maybe to load the NV DLL), then it would go fine debugging... How wierd?

Today I develop in OpenGL under NT4, and there are no problems at all.
This is strange! I''m now even able to crash the kernel32 module, cool! I think I''ll switch to w2k sooner or later.

Anyhow, thanks for your help, guys.
Hm, me again...

After I linked statically to opengl32.dll, I had no problems debugging the application, so I''m going that way. Static linkage for debug-sessions and dynamic linkage for release builds.

Ha, problem solved!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement