Why was MP3 Beating thing Closed?

Started by
6 comments, last by Esap1 24 years ago
Does anyone know why it was closed, Im still waiting for a demo, or atleast him saying there will be no demo because he messed up, come on kieren_j!
Advertisement
Esap1, there won''t be a demo because what kieren says is impossible. You shouldn''t wait for a demo any longer.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
I don''t know why they closed it. It was, and still is, a valid discussion.

Lack

Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
Lack
Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
Did Kieren get banned or something? Oh well ( I don''t believe a word of what he says anyway ).

An interesting observation from reading that last thread:
Any good compression algorithm will increase the "randomness" of the file it is used on, as it will reduce patterns. A completely "random" file will be uncompressable by that definition, as there is no classification of data of any kind, any bit has the same chance of appearing.

I liked the compression discussion as well - perhaps we should start a proper thread on it, without the huge quantities of verbal diarrhoea in the last one

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I closed the posts because I had several requests to close it, and because I didn't see a point to letting people scream at and insult people on my board when there wasn't any point to discussing it until a working demo comes out. I didn't post a reason because I was on my way out the door at the time and was already late, and I thought that the close requests that were posted would be obvious enough. I wasn't aware at the time that close doesn't actually work on this board. When close didn't work I considered deleting it but thought that would be a little extreme.

As for banning kieren, why on earth would we do that? I have no idea whether he's right or wrong, if he's right, I'm very happy for him. If he's wrong, he has the same right to be wrong as anyone else on this board.

Please play nice guys. *smile*

-fel

Edited by - felisandria on 4/18/00 9:36:33 AM
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Nice? NICE????
Oh okay then, just this once

( It needed to be closed, there were good topics but they warranted their own threads )

~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
It appears that the post is still alive, here and in our hearts.

?????
Nah it just shows up on the main page, not in the Active Topics. "Close Topic" doesn''t actually prevent you from posting in it ;P

~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement