Programmers make the world go round.

Started by
1 comment, last by ATLien 21 years, 6 months ago
Hello. I''m new(obviously.) I''m a fairly new university student studying in the feild of Graphic design. I''m hoping to become an 2d/3d artist... I also have Gaming Ideas of my own. I was wondering how easy hard it would be for a programer to step into a project where the basic Game design was already layed out and All the Artwork was already done.(or atleast to a point were little modification was required.) or if a project like this would even be easily accepted by programers. I was also wondering what types of programmers(and other team members are needed) were needed. Right now I have it in my head that 3 people could pull it off, but that really sounds unrealistic. Especially after looking at game credits that seem to go on for ever. ---- Insanity in disguise.
----Insanity in disguise.
Advertisement
That depends on the game. Is it 3D or 2D? Is it big, like Diablo or NWN? Is it complex? Etc. etc...

But for a good guess, take (shameless plug) a look at the game I''m making in my signature. Only I made that game, the art, everything. (Right now the art is place holder)

So you can see how much programmers it take for a small game or a big game. Look closely at the credits, specifically the programmers. Is there tons of programmers? I think not. Usually there''s 5 or 6 programmers for a big commercial game.

Beyaan
like Zeraan said, it really depends on what you''re planning. For example, a single person could knock off a cheap tetris rip in a day or two, but something like a revolutionary new 3d engine with amazing features out the butt is going to require more people and more time.

As to how easy it would be for a programmer to step in on someone else''s idea for a project, this really depends on how well you as a developer can document and explain your idea. If you don''t tell your programmer exactly the way you want something to work, he''s probably going to make assumtions based on the way he thinks it should work, rather than doing it the way you imagined, but never told him.

--Ferno
--- insert signature here ---

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement