Physics Engine references

Started by
2 comments, last by CWizard 21 years, 5 months ago
I''m currently looking at developing a small but scalable physics engine to use in various projects, and found a few good articles (elsewhere) on the subject. I think I know where to start, but feel I need a somewhat clearer idea on how to structure it first. Instead of starting another topic about this, and due to that darn search function being disabled, I though of asking if any of you have any bookmarks of threads here about physics engines that could give some insight. I''ve tried to point google to gamedev.net, but doesn''t seem to work. Any other pointers where to find good info is also appriciated. Besides normal rigid body dynamics, I''m intrested in implementing support for aerodynamics. Thanks
Advertisement
someone recently told me about "open dynamics engine". it''s got a lot of good information in the user guide and might be a nice place to check out.
a good place to start would be jeff lander''s and chris hecker''s physics demos on the gamedeveloper mag website. i also use the nasa glenn research center for all my aerodynamics needs. it''s a godsend. =)

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Pseudo, I will check that one out when I get time. Unless it was that weird Java engine, which I found pretty sad. The documentation could be interesting, though.

a2k, I have read Chris Hecker''s columns, and studied his code. I found the columns great, although he did only concern himself with rigid body dynamics, and had no real discussion about how to structure the engine. I''ve also spent much of my time at NASA/GRC reading up on topics.

I have a pretty good grasp on how to preform the simulation. My biggest problem is how to structure the engine; the scene/world and the objects, and their shapes and status variables etc. I could probably do it one way or the other, but would like to gather some more impressions first.

Anyway, thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement