Winform VS Win32

Started by
1 comment, last by widjaya 21 years, 5 months ago
Please enlightened this newbie... What is the difference between win32 and winform? Which one better for building applications? Which one better for game development? Thx =) [edited by - widjaya on November 4, 2002 12:38:09 PM]
Advertisement
WinForms is the new .Net RAD UI.

It is largely orothogonal from the core game development - though you could use .Net for tools if you were so inclined.

If you don''t use a platform independant framework (e.g. SDL), then Win32 is essential for targeting Windows.

When Dx9 is released, .Net will be potentially viable for game development, though I personally do not anticipate the wide spread use of .Net in this industry. Perhaps slightly more than VB6.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Hey, I''ve made a few small games with Win Forms myself.. They work just as well as any other game I would make with Win32..maybe better. After I got the basic .NET syntax down, the only thing I''ve had trouble with was messing with DirectX Interop... most of it is pretty straighforward, but there are a few things that take a little elbow grease to get working, but this should be solved with DirectX 9...

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement