Original Post
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on where I should start looking for ideas on how to implement AI for a tennis game, so that the computer opponent plays "intelligently" and in a human-like fashion.
Currently my idea is basically to combine FSMs with a bunch of ad-hoc tests such as "if the player is near the net, then try to aim further down the court". But I mean, that''s all simple stuff that any kid could implement, given sufficient time, so I wonder if there''s a more elegant or sophisticated way to do it. The only other AI I know is basic search and planning techniques as covered in my course at the university but I''m not quite sure how they would apply to this kind of game..
Well if anyone might have any tips on some AI techniques which might apply to this problem I''d really appreciate it if you could give me some clues =) Thanks a lot!
Raj