codewarrior and DirectX

Started by
11 comments, last by dtekfoo 21 years, 5 months ago
Hey, can anyone plz tell me how to set up metrowerks codewarrior for directX. When I try to compile the simplest DX program the compiler acts like it doesn''t have a clue whats going on. WTF! Jeez! thx, -dtekfoo
Advertisement
HELLO??? Is anyone there????????
I''m here, but I don''t even know what CodeWarior is
I purchased a copy of it for my company because we were bidding on a contract to port a game from Macintosh to Windows. The Mac publisher said they wanted us to use it because they used CodeWarrior on their Macs and that it would be easier to port it if we did so. After toying around with the code that they gave us to evaluate, we learned from one of their developers that our best bet was to create a completely new project based for Windows. After that, we decided to decline from accepting the contract.

While I''m sure that there are ways to use it, and I''ve seen them after searching on Google, it was a frustrating experience trying to move from VC++ to CodeWarrior. The biggest thing you need to do is make sure that all of your libraries are linked. If not, you''ll get some pretty strange, and ambiguous error messages that don''t really tell you anything about the problem. Good luck, and sorry I can''t help more.

Looking for an honest video game publisher? Visit www.gamethoughts.com
Shameless plug: Game Thoughts
thx mtaber. Do you have any specific URL for a site that tells you how / offers downloads for doing it??? it would be great if u did!

thx alot,
-dtekfoo
eewww...codewarrior. That''s is the biggest piece of crap compiler i''ve ever worked with. Honestly, if you can use VC++.

I''m trying to keep from flaming codewarrior, but it''s hard....

-Pac
-Pac "The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can't access my private members directly." "When listening to some one tell about their problem (whether it's code or not), don't listen to what went right or wrong, but what they assumed....."
thx, but can i get some technical advice here? where can I get teh libraries for it??
thx, dtekfoo
umm.....do u have your directories configured for the header files and the lib files? that might be a problem.....you could just copy the header and lib files in codewarrior''s directories if you cant configure the lib and header files.
umm.....do u have your directories configured for the header files and the lib files? that might be a problem.....you could just copy the header and lib files in codewarrior''s directories if you cant configure the lib and header directories.
quote:Original post by Pactuul
eewww...codewarrior. That''s is the biggest piece of crap compiler i''ve ever worked with. Honestly, if you can use VC++.

I''d have to disagree with you there... Its not the compiler that''s bad, its the IDE

Anyway, I''m using CW7.0 with directX without any problems. As acidchaos said, make sure that you''ve set up the "access paths" correctly. CW7 comes with the directX 7 headers and libs already installed. If you want to use a newer DXSDK you have to put its path at the top of the "system paths" list. That means that the newer headers and libraries get found before the old ones (the same thing happens with VC++ BTW).

If that''s the problem the compile errors will probably be about IDirectWhatever8 being undeclared. If that isn''t the problem, post a sample of the error messages you''re getting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement