Multi-Column Listbox :: C#

Started by
9 comments, last by kuphryn 21 years, 5 months ago
Hi. I am a C++ and MFC programmer. I have been forced to code a simple C# program at school. Frankly, I feel threaten. Secondly, I find C# confused. Everything is "Win Form." Where the heck are all the code behind the program? Anyways, I am desperately in need of help. Here is the basic program. Buttons = 2 Edit boxes = 3 Listbox = 1 The idea is to enter information in one the three edit boxes and then click a button to add it to a list box. Right now I want to add multicolumns to the listbox. Please post if you have experience with C# and can point out all the shortcuts. This is a very simple introductory program. Thanks, Kuphryn
Advertisement
a listbox control has (surprisingly enough) a MultiColumn property under Behavior, setting which to True will give you a multicolumn listbox.
Okay. Thanks.

How do you insert items into multicolumns?

Kuphryn
didn''t your visual studio come with a copy of msdn? come on, how long does it take to type ''listbox'' into the index pane and click on the line that says ''about listbox class''?
I did not see anything about adding multiple items to a listbox. Maybe you can find it. Post if you find it.

Kuphryn
quote:Original post by kuphryn Where the heck are all the code behind the program?

right click the form and select ''view code''.
I said "code," as in algorithms, not a dozen likes of class declarations!

Kuphryn

quote:Original post by kuphryn
I did not see anything about adding multiple items to a listbox. Maybe you can find it. Post if you find it.

ok. step 1:

step 2:

step 3:

quote:
I said "code," as in algorithms, not a dozen likes of class declarations!

you won''t see winforms source code, and you''ll see your code when you write some. in the meantime, all code you''ve got is probably in InitializeComponent.
Correct. I can add new items to the listbox, but only ine column 0.

Kuphryn
right!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement