Screen Shots

Started by
12 comments, last by NickGA 24 years ago
I was wondering how you people take screen shots of your game in Direct X Full Screen Mode (Not Windowed Mode)? I hope I phrased that correctly. Is there a program out there to do it, or do I have to write code to freeze the image and save a image file? Thanks, Nick "... you act as if stupidity were a virtue." -- Flight of the Phoenix
"If you build it, it will crash."
Advertisement
Unless your in a really funky display mode, hit , then open up paint, and press CTRL+V to paste your shot. This even works for most DOS games, except once with a game that used VESA(I think).

~Tim the Enchanter~
Arthur: Ohh great enchanter, tell us, what is your name?
Enchanter: Some call me Timmmmmm.
Arthur: Tell us great enchanter, how to you make fire without flint and tinder?
Enchanter: Silence!
Monty Python:The Search For The Holy Grail
Tim Wright
Spiffy Software
Ohh poo, I didn''t know this forum caught html tags.

hit >PrintScreen<, then open up paint, and press CTRL+V to paste your shot.

~Tim the Enchanter~
Arthur: Ohh great enchanter, tell us, what is your name?
Enchanter: Some call me Timmmmmm.
Arthur: Tell us great enchanter, how to you make fire without flint and tinder?
Enchanter: Silence!
Monty Python:The Search For The Holy Grail
Tim Wright
Spiffy Software
Thanks Tim,

I got a picture. :D But the palette is all screwed up (I think). It is a game in 8 bit, 640x480 mode. I tried loading up the palette I used for the game also in Paint Shop Pro. Weird!?!

"... you act as if stupidity were a virtue."
-- Flight of the Phoenix
If you''re using Paint Shop Pro, then why not use that? I''m using V5 with no problems at all.

Matt

Check out my project at: www.btinternet.com/~Matthew.Bennett
Cool graphics Mark. Auburn does a great job!

-- Flight of the Phoenix
I''m having the same problem as NickGa, and i HAD a sollution for it.
If you code with DX, fullscreen and real explicit mode, the ''Printscreen'' button doesn''t work. There IS programs, fully capable for compensating this, and i''ve Had it once. However, my system crashed (Yes, bill, it DOES crash after some while) and i lost it. My problem is now: I CANNOT REMEMBER WHERE TO GET IT, OR EVEN THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM!!
Please, if you have a good tip about such a program and also share it with us, i promise i''ll write it down on my forehead with a marker!

Electron

"Who need more than 640kb of RAM?" -Bill gates -89

Whew, I''m glad I''m not alone.

Let me correct the post to MATT not MARK. Sheeze. No coffee and my brain goes numb.

-- Flight of the Phoenix
You might want to try HardCopy, But Im not sure If it will work. You can get a shareware version from just about anywhere, just do a search.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

If making a bitmap writer utility is easy enough for you you could always translate a DX surface to bitmap format, and then write it to file. That''d make a good function for a generic library. I''ll have to do that myself someday.

JoeG
joeG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement