Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Nehe Texture Example to work.

Started by Esap1 Apr 30, 2000 at 9:07 PM 5 replies 500+ views
Original Post
Esap1
Esap1
I cant get the Texture Example off the Nehe site to work. I tried using 128x128x32, and a 256x256x32 texture, and named them texture.tga, and the Quad is still white. Please help, Im getting fustrated with OpenGL.
Esap1
Esap1
Will someone please give me a texture that Nehes Texture Example will load. Ive downloaded a bunch of tga, and not ONE works. What the heck is the matter. Inside the function the imageData variable is still NULL after the function(at the end). Please tell me whats wrong.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Well, the function that Nehe uses loads an BMP image, not a TGA.

Hope that helps,
Nicodemus.
Nicodemus.----"When everything goes well, something will go wrong." - Murphy
Esap1
Esap1
Well, in his Texture Example theres a file called tga.c, and a function called LoadTGA, and it says it loads texture.tga. Are you sure?
Maitrek
Maitrek
Well as far as I can tell he loads a bitmap as well. If I were you I''d try that, what kind of error is it giving you and where?
Maitrek
Maitrek
Ahh - sorry - that was kinda useless.
Esap1
Esap1
I was not looking at the offical Nehe Site, Im sorry for the confusion, I got it to work

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.