best game of all times?

Started by
114 comments, last by Cherub 21 years, 3 months ago
Eh ...

Battle Of Olympus (NES)
Illusion Of Time / Gia (SNES)
Secret Of Mana (SNES)
Flashback (SNES)
Zeldas (All Nintendo Systems inc. Gameboy)
Vegas Stakes (SNES)
Goldeneye (N64)
Mortal Kombat 1

I also like Baldurs Gate 2 of the PC although I never used to play PC games all that much. Now I hardly play console games ... :-) Nothing that has come out recently compares to these titles ... maybe it''s just cause i''m older and in work etc now.

I''m looking forward to Sim City 4.

R
Advertisement
There are some:

-Pong (the first one !)-Monkey Island 1 & 2
-Wolfeinstein & Doom (here comes 3D...)
-Populous 1,2,3
-Dungeon Keeper !!
-Warcraft II (a real phenomena for strategic games)
-Black & White
Now thats a pretty long post....
PRINCE OF PERSIA:<br>in a class of its own at the time, and still playable;<br><br>TETRIS:<br>this one will never die, count the clones!<br><br>DOOM:<br>A dark corridor with a faint flickering light...a soft groan, too close for comfort...3 shotgun shells left...heart on 200 bpm and rising...
<br><br>STARCRAFT:<br>flawless.<br><br>SHOGUN:<br>Archers ligned up, spear men in tight formation, my best cavalry hidden in the mist and ready for an suicide ambush...Here they come. Many of them. Too many. And no choice now, they''re upon me! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!<br><br>TIE FIGHTER:<br>Raise shields, dodge... drop shields now, full throttle! Here''s the target, just one pass...one little pass...come on baby, hold together!<br><br>Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2:<br>Loved by skaters and non-skaters alike, all those tricks I would have died trying I can now pull off over a gap the size of Texas. And wheelie-land it. Rockin!<br><br><br>Ho, and how about Micromachines
Chaos for the Sinclair specturm. The most addictive single screen stratrgy game I have ever played.

NightWraith
NightWraith
I think I saw one person mention Pong. I wouldn''t call it the greatest game ever, but the game has it''s incredible fame.

I''ve played hundreds of games and while I have played plenty of awesome fun games, none have ever been as fun for me as Descent I and II were. I played D3 and liked it, but it just didn''t have that Parallax feel too it.

Descent was also the first game I ever played multiplayer, over an old 56k modem with one of my friends. Ah the memories of the hours spent dogfighting in level 10...the race for the mega missle...

I''m suprised to see that no one has mentioned Serious Sam, FE or SE. Both were incredible games and shelved at less than half the cost of every other new game out today. People rave on and on about the Q3 engine or the Unreal engine, well what about the damn Serious Engine? As far as I''m concerned, it''s flawless, and I don''t understand why more games haven''t used it!

Well, I guess I''ll just make a pros/cons list for those who usually skip all the mumbo jumbo and just read what game titles others have posted.

In no particular order:

Starcraft
Pros: I remember when this game was first advertised all my friends were saying "It looks so awesome!". Well, they were right. By far one of the most addicting/popular games ever. I am never ceased to be amazed that after nearly 5 years, it still sits on the shelves being sold anywhere from 10 to 20 dollars.
Broodwar is about as fun as starcraft gets.
Cons: Battle.net - I love playing on a free server, and I have seen many improvements, but good God, it takes half an hour to get a single game going. Usually it''s not B.net''s fault, it''s just lamers being jackasses.

Warcraft I/II
Pros: 3 words. No unit max. Maybe there is one, but I know I''ve never hit it. Another game that I''ve spent hours enjoying.
Cons: Not very good unit AI. At least in starcraft units generally figure out how to go around stuff. I didn''t include warcraft III because I, like many others I know, didn''t like it. It was fun for about 3 hours, but I got tired of fighting these little battles all the time, in I and II you could have a hella lot of units fighting at once.

Shadow Warrior
Pros: 6 words. You no mess with Lo Wang.
Cons: Confusing as hell at some points.

Duke3D
Pros: How could any gamer not love this game.
Cons: 3D Realms and the much anticipated, when the hell are they going to release, DN Forever.

Anything Lucas Arts. They have their pros/cons but every LA game I''ve played has been a lot of fun.

Goldeneye64
Ah the memories. Simply the best Bond shooter of all time...although I wish ran a little faster during multiplayer, and I also with that some of the cheats weren''t so hard to get.

Maddog McGree
Pros: Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah!
Cons: Somewhat retarded but still friggin hilarious

Too many games. So many memories. I love ''em all.

-Q

"Burn baby burn, flames a gettin'' higha!"
- Lo Wang
FF7 ! of cos e ff series are all good !
and chrono trigger too !
wow, i read a post that mentioned "scorched earth" and i completely forgot that game existed. it is definately one of the best games, when i was younger i could sit and play that game forever.

- jeremiah

inlovewithGod.com
UFO: Enemy unkown (xcom 1)
Zelda 3
Civ 2
Super Mario Brothers 3
Oh yeah, and as someone stated, Rouge Spear is the best multiplayer game ever for a small group of people.

Ahh, how I love nostalgia
/ Martin
MetalSlug Series (1,2,3,4, X) on the NEO GEO.

2D Side scrolling perfection.

Thief
Half Life
Grim Fandango

An old game called Legends Of Valour for the Amiga/PC. Had mixed reviews at the time, but it was the first game I played that offered me such amount of freedom. Plus it also had texture mapped graphics, which were amazing for the amiga back then.

Super Mario World (SNES)
Parappa the Rappa (Playstation)......Genius.

But there are so many more to choose from..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement