Tucows game reviews?

Started by
5 comments, last by Diodor 21 years, 3 months ago
How can I get tucows to review a game? The site has already accepted it (RedBlue Classics) in their Othello category, but I couldn''t find on the site what I should do to get cow ratings (all they say is they require a "modest fee").
Advertisement
Give them a little cash, modest like.
*st0ned*
For games, to get a cow rating you have to pay for the preferred listing update (or whatever it''s called) and check the box that says something like "re-rate my program" . I think it''s a $50 fee.

Ron Frazier
Kronos Software
www.kronos-software.com
Miko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
Does it mean That if I pay more money I can have 5 cow rating
Thanks LordKronos, now I''ve found it too. I need to click "Update Software" to get the option to buy a review. The fee is as low as $25 (for $50 they have some extra promoting).

Anon, no, it just means that they will review your game within days, as opposed to months (if at all).

No, the $25 one wont do it. I emailed Scott (owner of Tucows) a while back and he indicated you have to use the "Professional First Class Submission" option for $50 and you have to check the box that says "Re-Review my application". None of the other options will get you a cow rating for a game.

Ron Frazier
Kronos Software
www.kronos-software.com
Miko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
I really disagreed with Tucows doing that...it was one of two sites changing their policy and charging for what used to be a free service, CNET being the other one, that lead to me starting my own site Game Tunnel. I think it''s good that tucows has gotten so popular and that there are so many games and what not that they don''t have the ability to do reviews...but I think it is a loss to the community to lose free game reviews...even if a tucows "review" was typically only a paragraph.
Is dreaming worth the nightmare?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement