My Iso Engine

Started by
13 comments, last by Patrick Negri 23 years, 11 months ago
Is it me, or did your demo make me dizzy?

Sorry to say, but it doesn''t look like a ISO engine to me.
Advertisement
CLIENT.EXE ... you guys really started something called CLIENT.EXE?!
Hey, you did a good work ! It looks very well on my computer. It looks that you are saving the last position of the tiles ans messing up with it or messing with the projection from the data to the screen. I hope you solve this problem and when you finish writting your tutorial, e-mail me. I have a game programming page and i need tutorials in portuguese. See the tutorials here in Gamedev.net about isometric, it''s sure you will find something useful. Boa sorte !

Nepheus
"Eu sou, na verdade, a sombra do que quero ser" - Nepheus
The program runs... But, I don't think this is a true Iso Metric engine. This looks more like a UO style engine in which the artwork makes the tilebase engine appear iso. An iso engine generally has a tile in which the sides have a 2:1 (ratio) over the height. Meaning for ever pixel in height you would have two pixels in width...
eg:
        .      .. ..    ..     ..  ..         ....             ..  ..         ..    ..     ..      .. ..        .<br><br>as opposed to:<br>   .<br>  . .<br> .   .<br>.     .<br> .   .<br>  . .<br>   .<br><br> </pre>  <br><br>    <br><br>David "Dak Lozar" Loeser<br><br>Edited by - Dak Lozar on May 15, 2000 1:35:33 PM    
Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous
I am workin it in, calculating other ways to do right now, maybe i can finishim this until weekend...

If any1 have a idea, please mail me...

PS: For the guy that have sayed about client.exe!!! (What the diference of a exe called client and other called game if in some of these exe have exploit?), damn...

Patrick Negri
patrick@tay.com.br
Patrick Negripatrick@tay.com.br

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement