Accessing Child Controls Within A Stacked Dialog

Started by
1 comment, last by Aanidaani 21 years, 3 months ago
Hello everyone! Recently I've been working on a program that uses a list control and stacked dialogs for navigation. It's similiar to the preferences dialog used by the Netscape browser, if you're not sure what I'm talking about. Anyway, my problem isn't with the actual stacked dialogs, but with the controls contained within each of the dialogs. Let me explain: my application has one main dialog that contains a listbox and a frame. When the user chooses an item on the list box, the frame displays within it another external dialog, relevant to the user's choice. Each dialog is separate, and, as such, I cannot access the controls contained within each of these external dialogs. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me come up with a way to access the children's controls. Thanks again! Just in case you're not sure what I'm talking about, below is a link to the tutorial that I read for making the stacked dialog: The Code Project - Stacked Dialog Tutorial "Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few." Aanidaani [edited by - Aanidaani on January 17, 2003 3:42:22 PM]
"Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few."Aanidaani
Advertisement
Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem? Please, any suggestions-even concerning accessing controls in another dialog, and not specifically related to stacked dialogs-would be helpful. Thanks.

"Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few."

Aanidaani
"Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few."Aanidaani
Assuming you gave your control an identifier and have access to the Dialog handle, would GetDlgItem() not work?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement