Space Shooter vs. Zelda Clone

Started by
3 comments, last by Metus 21 years, 3 months ago
I''m about to start a little game project using DirectX 8 and all the basic stuff like initialization and sprite loading / rendering is done. At this point, i need to know what kind of game i want to do before i continue the project. the biggest thing is that i realy want to finish this game or at least make it playable. now the funniest part; which game, a simple space shooter with multiplayer support or a zelda clone with multiplayer support. Which of these two game types are the "easiest" to finish?
Ethereal
Advertisement
The simple space shooter .

--------------------------
Rory Gallagher blues will never die.
---------------------------
Que que foi, que que foi, O que eh que hah?
--------------------------Rory Gallagher and Chico Science music !!!!!!!---------------------------____||~~~~|/TT
A simple spaceshooter will be by far easier.

Because an rpg game like zelda should have a solid background story, characters, quests...

Of course, you can add a zillion features to both games, so I''d say complexity depends on what you want to put into them.
How do I set my laser printer on stun?
The space shooter, by a very long way.
Julian McKinlayhttp://julianmckinlay.com/
quote:Original post by Wildfire
A simple spaceshooter will be by far easier.

Because an rpg game like zelda should have a solid background story, characters, quests...

Of course, you can add a zillion features to both games, so I''d say complexity depends on what you want to put into them.

yeah, that''s right, but it ain''t the story i''d like to create.. as long as i have a working (playable) rpg, the story and characters can be designed later on... but i think the space shooter is the main target at the moment
Ethereal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement