• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Space Shooter vs. Zelda Clone

This topic is 5598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m about to start a little game project using DirectX 8 and all the basic stuff like initialization and sprite loading / rendering is done. At this point, i need to know what kind of game i want to do before i continue the project. the biggest thing is that i realy want to finish this game or at least make it playable. now the funniest part; which game, a simple space shooter with multiplayer support or a zelda clone with multiplayer support. Which of these two game types are the "easiest" to finish?

Advertisement
The simple space shooter .

--------------------------
Rory Gallagher blues will never die.
---------------------------
Que que foi, que que foi, O que eh que hah?

A simple spaceshooter will be by far easier.

Because an rpg game like zelda should have a solid background story, characters, quests...

Of course, you can add a zillion features to both games, so I''d say complexity depends on what you want to put into them.

quote:
Original post by Wildfire
A simple spaceshooter will be by far easier.

Because an rpg game like zelda should have a solid background story, characters, quests...

Of course, you can add a zillion features to both games, so I''d say complexity depends on what you want to put into them.

yeah, that''s right, but it ain''t the story i''d like to create.. as long as i have a working (playable) rpg, the story and characters can be designed later on... but i think the space shooter is the main target at the moment

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!