Affordable 3D modeler?

Started by
12 comments, last by david3565 23 years, 11 months ago
I''ve already looked at Milkshape 3D and I was wondering if anybody knew of another reliable and inexpensive modeler that perhaps had a few more features.
Advertisement
You could try Blender, it has a really weird user interface but it also has a lot of features. The best part is that it is completely free, with the option of buying extra features.

I have also heard about Clayworks, but I haven't tried it so I don't how good it is.

- WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on May 10, 2000 5:34:17 PM

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I hear caligari true space is the best amature modeler. It is still kinda expensive though.

ECKILLER
ECKILLER
If you cruise through this section of the forum, someone has posted a URL where you can download TS1 for free. A really cheap modeller $40 is AC3D. It is functional.
Strada 3D is free (I think the url is www.strada.com). It runs on Win9x and Mac.
quote:Original post by Whirlwind
Strada 3D is free (I think the url is www.strada.com). It runs on Win9x and Mac.

Hey, thanks for the tip. Interface looks kinda like PhotoShop, will have to try it. By the way, URL is:
www.strata3d.com.

nathany.com
Well, Strata3D is crashing a lot. Get what you pay for Could just be something with my configuration that hasn''t been tested too well yet (Windows 2000, Voodoo3).

Otherwise it looks pretty nice... good interface. Seems that they intend to make their money on plugins and other add-ons though, so not really free.

- n8

nathany.com
TrueSpace is really good. If you can find a copy of Version3 it should be cheep. They are up to 4 so thats the most expencive.

As Mr Cup always says,
''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
I actually picked up the info from http://www.opengl.org/ I like breezing over their site from time to time, and they usually have good stuff.
Try a few "trial" or older free versions of software to see what you like best, good one is Truespace [2 or 3] and Cinema4D is easy to use...

You can get demos and trial versions from magazine cover CDs or the developers website.

hope this helps

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement