Freely available 2D engines?

Started by
3 comments, last by Ledneh 21 years, 3 months ago
Basically, I realized today that I can''t (and don''t have time to) code a graphics engine of most any kind, not even a 2D engine. Can anyone tell me where, if possible, I might find a freely downloadable 2D graphics engine (preferably implemented in DirectGraphics 8, but that doesn''t matter much)? Thanks. -Normie
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-"We are the Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated. Futertility is resistant.""SWEET LADY FREEDOM! LET'S MAKE OUT!!"
Advertisement
check out
http://www.libsdl.org
and nice tutorials for SDL

http://cone3d.gamedev.net/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=tutorials/gfxsdl/index
Well, it wasn''t what I had in mind--I had more of a DirectX "front-end" of sorts in mind--but this is actually better; now I have an excuse to program in my Gentoo Linux system! Huzzah!

-Ledneh

PS. Above, I signed my name "Normie"; that''s my other online alias, I get ''em confoozled all the time

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-"We are the Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated. Futertility is resistant.""SWEET LADY FREEDOM! LET'S MAKE OUT!!"
I am starting up a group of programmers and artists. To encourage membership, I have created a nice 2D engine over the last year or so that I am giving away free with tutorials.

I have developed 2 games with the engine, and am working on my 3rd and 4th at the same time with this new group. We currently have me (programmer), two artists, and an additional programmer and artist looking to join.
The engine is written in DX, and uses D3D for the best acceleration.
If you are interested in finding out more, EMail me at VChelaru@hotmail.com or IM me on AOL Instant Messenger at ArmySarj. Hope to hear from you soon.

--Vic--

P.S. The engine both has a lot of functionality, but it is designed to help new game programmers get on their own feet fast. Very easy to learn.

[edited by - Roof Top Pew Wee on January 29, 2003 8:20:26 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement