Explode() for C++? (aka split())

Started by
1 comment, last by FireSlash 21 years, 3 months ago
Yes, I am retarded. Whats the C++ version of the explode (PHP) or split (vb) functions? Kinda hard to parse text files without it :B
Advertisement
Well, not that hard; you can just search through for the character you want. But if you don''t wanna do that yourself, check out the C function strtok() and the Boost::Tokenizer library.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
I got bored :

#include <algorithm>template <typename ContType, typename CharType>void explode(ContType &Output, const CharType *Begin, const CharType *End, const CharType *SBegin, const CharType *SEnd) {	while(Begin < End) {		const CharType *Next = std::search(Begin,End,SBegin,SEnd);		Output.push_back(std::string(Begin,(Next-Begin)));		Begin = Next+1;	}}template <typename ContType, typename CharType>inline void explode(ContType &Output, const CharType *Begin, const CharType *End, CharType Symbol) {	explode(Output,Begin,End,&Symbol,&Symbol + 1);}// DEMO:#include <iostream>#include <iterator>#include <algorithm>#include <list>#include <string>int main(void) {	const char Data[] = "Value|Morestuff|WEEE!|OMGoO|Result";	std::list <std::string> Exploded;	explode(Exploded, &Data[0], &Data[sizeof(Data)], ''|'');	std::copy(Exploded.begin(), Exploded.end(), std::ostream_iterator<std::string>(std::cout,"\n"));	return 0;}  

Hopefully that gets through the mangling okay...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement