Have you made any small but cool C programs?

Started by
4 comments, last by Hans 23 years, 11 months ago
Have you made C programs that are less than 10 lines (80 chars/line) and they print out something nice? I've seen a couple but I'd like to see more! Here's one I did: int a[862],p[]={0,2,0,-2,0},e,d,o=2,n;main(c){scanf("%d",&c);srand(c); for(;e<40;e++){a[e]=6;a[e+820]=6;a[e/2*41]=6;a[e/2*41+40]=6;}a[2]=5;while(c- 42){for(e=0;e<2;e++){o+=p[d]/2+p[d+1]/2*41;a[o]=d+1;}m:d=(d-1+rand()%3)&3; n=o+p[d]+p[d+1]*41;if(a[n]){if(e++==99){d=(a[o]+1)&3;o+=p[d]+p[d+1]*41;if( a[o]-5){e=2;goto m;}else c=42;}else goto m;}}o=776;a[817]=8;for(;a[o]-5;o+= p[d]/2+p[d+1]/2*41){d=(a[o]+1)&3;a[o]=8;o+=p[d]/2+p[d+1]/2*41;a[o]=8;} for(;c<821;c++){n=a[c];printf(c%41?"%c":"%c\n",(!n?'#':n&8?'.':' '));}} It creates a maze and also solves it. (okay the code is quite long and easy to understand but hey it's my first try). -Hans Edited by - Hans on 5/14/00 9:29:23 AM
Advertisement
Hey that's cool. I had to add a couple of #includes and fix the place on the last line where the forum wrecked your array index, but it worked!

I *did NOT* write the following, I found it on the net somewhere. You may have seen it.

Arghh...

Oh crap, I can't get the formatting to work on this forum, even with the <pre> tags. Download what I'm trying to show you from here. Amazingly, there are 2 examples of code that produce the same output (12days.c and xmas.c) The other one (wc.c) counts the lines, words, and characters in a file (syntax for executable: wc < autoexec.bat).

the Gent

Edited by - An Irritable Gent on May 14, 2000 10:51:18 AM

Edited by - An Irritable Gent on May 14, 2000 10:51:52 AM
aig
Along these lines, look at the past winners for the International Obfuscated C Code Competition (www.ioccc.org).
Adding srand made it a little more interesting. Nothing against displaying the same maze over and over, but I do like a little randomness!
Oh, I forgot to mention, this is actually a lot more than 10 lines of code. Just because it was literaly 10 lines, does not mean that it was 10 lines of code. Basically, every semicolon is treated as a new line. (There are exceptions,e.g. a for loop is generally consided one line, variable declartions are not a line of code unless you assign an initial value, etc...)
nice program
but ioccc is totally different, i tried to participate in it last year, unfortunately my code wasn''t that obfuscated at all.

- pouya

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement