Sick of this formatting...

Started by
8 comments, last by Llamasoft.net 23 years, 11 months ago
Hey all, I was just wondering how you can post code in these forums without it all screwing up... I''ve noticed people making it all sort of small in a strange looking font, and that works... but how? I''m sure it''s just some simple html and whatever font, but i''m just interested to know... Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net -- Visit our website... Llamasoft.net Games, goodies, and ingenuity
Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net--Visit our website...Llamasoft.netGames, goodies and ingenuity
Advertisement
All code should be posted between < code > < / code > tags (without the spaces of course... Edit this message to see how it works.

code goes here...

/. Muzzafarath

Edited by - Muzzafarath on May 14, 2000 12:50:42 PM
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Cheers Muzzafarath!

Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net

--
Visit our website...

Llamasoft.net
Games, goodies and ingenuity
Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net--Visit our website...Llamasoft.netGames, goodies and ingenuity
quote:Original post by Llamasoft.net
Sick of this formatting...

*ahem* are you trying to cramp my style?

Uh oh... Sprung!
It''s just your overpowering subliminal influence on me

Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net

--
Visit our website...

Llamasoft.net
Games, goodies and ingenuity
Do any characters need to be escaped when using the <code> / </code> tags?

zephyr

zephyr

mummel like that collour combination
ITS VERY FEMININ!

jewelaye

JEWELAYE

JEWELAYE

j

EWELAYE

Mmmmm

Edited by - Jewelaye on May 16, 2000 6:21:53 AM

Jewelaye
I'm not sure the angle brackets will work for code (in fact, I'm pretty sure they will not unless the board does something really wierd to them...) The thing to use is square brackets [ like so ] and then and ending one [/ like so ] but with the code keyword in there obviously! If you see something cool on the board, just edit the person's message (you can't save changes obviously, but you can at least see how they did things...)

Check out the GPI project today!

Edited by - chippydip on May 17, 2000 10:39:31 PM
Here is some code, does the formatting work?

printf("Does this work?\n");

-Icarus
-Andreas
Hurrah, it works!!!

-Icarus
-Andreas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement