HELP ME PLEASE!!

Started by
3 comments, last by Mattman 23 years, 11 months ago
Okay, I''m supposed to be writing a Pacman game for my VC++ class in school...I chose OpenGL cause I couldn''t find anything else to use for gfx in VC++... I go to: File Menu -> New -> Files Tab -> C++ Source File -> OK button...I have the following code implemented so far: #include #include #include #include GLvoid ResizeGLScene(GLsizei width, GLsizei height) { if(height == 0) height = 1; glViewport(0, 0, width, height); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); gluPerspective(45.0f, (GLfloat)width / (GLfloat)height, 0.1f, 100.0f); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glLoadIdentity(); } int InitGL(GLvoid) { glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH); glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glClearDepth(1.0f); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL); glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_NICEST); return(TRUE); } int main() { HDC hDC = NULL; HGLRC hRC = NULL; HWND hWnd = NULL; HINSTANCE hInstance = NULL; bool Keys[256]; bool active = true; bool fullscreen = true; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM); ResizeGLScene(640, 480); InitGL(); return(0); } When I try to run it, I get the following errors: --------------------Configuration: Pacman - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... Pacman.cpp Linking... Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gluPerspective@32 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glLoadIdentity@0 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glMatrixMode@4 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glViewport@16 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glHint@8 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glDepthFunc@4 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glEnable@4 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClearDepth@8 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClearColor@16 Pacman.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glShadeModel@4 Debug/Pacman.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Pacman.exe - 11 error(s), 0 warning(s) Can someone PLEASE help me? This is due in about a week!!!! Thanks in advance! Mattman
Advertisement
You are forgetting to link with the OpenGL/GLU libraries. Go to Project->Settings, click on the "Link" tab and in the box where it says "Object/library modules" add "opengl32.lib" and "glu32.lib" and that should fix your problem.

-Liquid
this may be a stupid question! but did u save the source file as a .cpp or .c make sure its a .cpp and use the settings tab to link to

opengl32.lib glu32.lib glaux.lib

Oooh, I didn''t know I had to do that! Thank you for the quick replies! I will try that now (despite the fact that I''m at school, not home). And as for the second reply, yes, it is a .cpp! Thanks again!
Mattman
mattman@nobispro.com
www.nobispro.com
JOY! I ran it at home, and it worked! Thank you very much again for the help! It''s great to see people who care! This whole website has been a true help, both with the tutorials, as well as with the forum!
Thank you!
Mattman
mattman@nobispro.com
www.nobispro.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement