Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

where to find 3Ds max anime models

Started by u10076178 Feb 19, 2003 at 5:37 AM 0 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
u10076178
u10076178
Hi I am currently looking for basic 3D models/meshes of anime chracters for use for 3Ds max 5. All I am after is just basic models (the body and the head) so that I can then work on it myself. If someone could lead me to some useful links it would help greatly as I need to create my 2D anime character into 3D for mu teams game project for university.
Domarius
Domarius
http://www.wings3d.com/hairtute.php

That is a tutorial (for Wings 3D - a free excelent low poly modeller suited for video games) to do hair, and I noticed it looked very similar to Manga hair. At least this should help with the hair.

Other than that, if you use the standard techniques for transfering a 2D drawing into a 3D model, it should be like anything else. Draw a front view and a side view of your char, and use them as templates to make the 3D model. There are lots of tutorials on various modelling sites that show you how to do this.
For local multiplayer retro themed games, visit Domarius Games.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.