How do I use MID files with Delphi & DelphiX?

Started by
1 comment, last by Mark Williams 21 years, 2 months ago
Okay, I''m writing a game with Delphi 6 and DelphiX but I''d like to use .MID files for the music during the game. I can''t seem to find a simple and free component or routine to play a MID file from a memorysteam. I know I can use tmediaplayer to play a file, but I want to store my .mid files elsewhere myself. Does *anybody* know of a simple routine to do this? I am really looking for something freeware with source if possible. Surely it''s not *that* difficult from within windows? Thanks for any advice, Mark
Advertisement
DirectMusic which is part of DirectX can play MIDI files, however I don''t think it can play those from a memory stream.

Other than that, you could use TMediaPlayer that comes with Delphi (check out the "System" tab) or the MMSystem routines.

I also believe that sound sytems like BASS, FMOD and HOUSEMARQUE (used to be MIDAS) can play MIDIs and most likely they can also play them from memory strams.
DirectMusic which is part of DirectX can play MIDI files, however I don''t think it can play those from a memory stream.

Other than that, you could use TMediaPlayer that comes with Delphi (check out the "System" tab) or the MMSystem routines.

I also believe that sound sytems like BASS, FMOD and HOUSEMARQUE (used to be MIDAS) can play MIDIs and most likely they can also play them from memory strams.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement