glaux.h :/

Started by
3 comments, last by bertino12 21 years, 1 month ago
ive looked around quite a bit and all i can find is glaux.h bitmap tutorials on the web. does anyone know where i might find a glut bitmap tutorial to read? im trying to load some bitmap tiles without using glaux. glaux was giving me tons of problems. trying to find an alternative.
Advertisement
I don’t think GLUT has texture support, that’s what GLU (OpenGL utility library) is for, I couldn’t find anything in the GLUT Reference about it anyway.

You might want to try SDL instead.

Cheers.

[edited by - KiwiMelon on February 26, 2003 8:26:38 PM]
GLUT is a cross platform library used for creating windows to render opengl scenes, I don''t think it has any bitmap loading routines.

If you''re programming in Windows you can use its built in functions for handling bitmaps, like LoadBitmap.

If you''re looking for more functionality or just want cross-platform code, DevIL is a nice image library that can handle bitmaps and images in many other formats. It''s also very easy to use with OpenGL (you can load an image and bind it to an OpenGL texture with a single, simple function call).
I want to second that, DevIL at http://openil.sourceforge.net is amazing. All you need to get a texture is simply: GLuint textureId=ilutLoadGLTexture("foo.bmp"; But it also supports jpgs, pngs, tifs and many other files.
Thanks! I''ll definitely check out both of those options

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement