Create a second window

Started by
4 comments, last by SnowKing3k 21 years, 1 month ago
ssup, i''m able to create an OpenGL window and do things in but what i want to do is to create a new window just like an About window but i don''t want my main window to get close. I know how to create a new process in Linux by simply doing a fork()... what i''d like to know is if i can do it by another way or if the only way is to create a new process with fork()... Thx for ya help guys!! ------------------------- Knowledge Is For Everyone SnowKing3k SnowKing3k@hotmail.com
-------------------------Knowledge Is For EveryoneSnowKing3kSnowKing3k@hotmail.com
Advertisement
Hi,

you can create an about-window over a dialogfield.
If you are using Visual C++ 6.0 you can add a resource to the actually project. Then you must implement an Dialogloop.
More informations you can find on

-> www.gametutorials.com -> Tutorials->Win32->Dialogfields.

and -> MSDN Libraries.

I hope I could help you.

mfg
Alex

p.s.
sry for my english i''m 13 jears old and live in austria.
My hobbies are programming in C/C++ and DHTML. Writing the same apps i''ve written for 2 days ...........
Hi,

you can create an about-window over a dialogfield.
If you are using Visual C++ 6.0 you can add a resource to the actually project. Then you must implement an Dialogloop.
More informations you can find on

-> www.gametutorials.com -> Tutorials->Win32->Dialogfields.

and -> MSDN Libraries.

I hope I could help you.

mfg
Alex

p.s.
sry for my english i''m 13 jears old and live in austria.
My hobbies are programming in C/C++ and DHTML. Writing the same apps i''ve written for 2 days ...........
shit.
gamedev tip of the day #4
Thx for your reply it''s very interesting but what I want is to create a new OpenGL window...

thx

-------------------------
Knowledge Is For Everyone

SnowKing3k
SnowKing3k@hotmail.com
-------------------------Knowledge Is For EveryoneSnowKing3kSnowKing3k@hotmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement