School is over ! What's the next step to succes ?

Started by
2 comments, last by Dark_Guy 21 years, 2 months ago
Hello there ! I am 18 years old, and i think it's time for me to think about my future. And i know that it has to be something related to GameDev, because i just adore it. I love games ! I love to play 'em, and i also love to make 'em Anyway i like programming, but i couldn't imagine my life as a coder... I am also verry ambitious. Not too bright as a student, but if i want to, and am motivated, i can accomplish everything. Anyway, I was "Team Leader" a few times, and our projects did pretty good at thoose contests we entered. And so i started liking the feel of heaving a group of people behind me, who look up to me, because i was the one who was always there, and guided everyone to get the job done, as I planned... I think this process is called Project Managment (not sure though...). So my cry for "help", goes out to everyone who could guide me on what path shoud I take in the future. For example what kind of College should I go to, or what speciallizations do i need for this kind of work ?
"Find the path, follow the Master... Follow the master, understand the master... Overcome the master !" [edited by - Dark_Guy on March 2, 2003 12:19:57 PM] [edited by - Dark_Guy on March 2, 2003 12:21:25 PM] [edited by - Dark_Guy on March 2, 2003 12:22:32 PM]
"Find the path, follow the Master... Follow the master, understand the master... Overcome the master !"
Advertisement
congratulations of finishing ur project. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I dont really know enough about the game industry to give real advice. However, i would think that a few more games in ur portfolio, and a degree is in the field u''d like to work in wouldn''t hurt..
Maaaaaaaahahaha. Who''s da king baby?
Go to a college with a decent CS program. I go to UCDavis right now and it''s got a really good one. I''m a freshman in a discrete mathematics course, hehehe...next quarter I can cover either assembly or advanced data structures. Me so happy
Hi Dark_Guy,

I''m 18 too. I had my scientific degree (called BAC in France).
This year I''m a a faculty student but I don''t believe I''m done some long studies (it''s getting on my nerves to learn these shitty tings !!!).
I''m a bit like you all I want is to make games (as a programmer and game designer)!
It''s my passion (8 years of experience through many languages...) and furthemore I''m a dreamer so it should be perfect for this job !

I''m ready to spend lots and lots of time to learn the art of game making but the academic side of studies is REALLY boring me !!!
(I''m currently "learning" some Pascal basics at school !!!!
it''s something I learnt alone when I was something like 12) So my future is quite dark and unsure...

I''m currently making a 3d game with gamedev members and I wish it could be a good demo to show to game entreprises and getting a job like this !

So the only advice I can give you is to do long studies (if you can ! )in a faculty (scientific studies of course...)

Good Luck and I hope we''ll be both building the next game generation !!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement