Easy compiler for newbs

Started by
5 comments, last by Shrap 21 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys, just getting your recommendations on a quick and easy to use compiler to download that is free. Thanks again
Advertisement
gcc

-Neophyte
I like Bloodshed''s Dev-C++, which is an IDE that includes MingW, which is a windows implementation of GCC.

The nice thing is, you get the IDE and the compiler in one shot, and the IDE already set to use the compiler.

HTH
ducki
I think linux and gcc is the easiest way to start down the road. They''re both free. You just install linux, type emacs at the command prompt, write your program, type gcc [filename], and you''re done. All the openGL stuff is (more or less) already setup for you. Of course, installing another OS can be a hassle. . . On the windows side, i use borlands command line compiler v5.5. It''s a free download, and wasn''t very difficult to setup openGL.
I personally kind of like sharpdevelop, I find it''s pretty easy to use and totally free as well, and has full support for .net
Richard S. Bezemer
I started with Dev C++. Was very user friendly.

GRELLIN

"I installed a skylight in my apartment...The people who live above me are furious."
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
Are you looking for a C++ compiler? Borlnd Turbo C++ 1.01 is a good one to start from. I started from there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement