COMPOSERS help wanted

Started by
2 comments, last by mallouk 21 years, 2 months ago
Hello guys. This is a hobby project, so I cannot reward you but by listing your name at the credits screen : ) The objective of this project is creating a simple but professional looking game. The project is a Tetris clone with many different features such as explosions, a different way of falling the blocks, rotations, cool sound and music.... You can see and download it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/maltrice Graphics are not "final" some of them are good looking but most screens need a lot of polishing.. But the game "skeleton" is there. I have added some sounds and music, but these are only samples, I wanted to have something more professional so that''s why I am calling for help... So let''s rock! William
Advertisement
Hey man that looks quite good. The tune that is behind it now is kinda nice.
I would help if my setup wasn''t all over the place Kinda not working right now.

Just wanted to point out a few things you may or may not have noticed, the press any key from a new level tends to interfere with the block I was currently handling. If I hit space I make the block turn.

The blue long block sometimes appears vibrating in the lower right.

And this one spoiled the game I was having for me: After I made a line it left two black holes open, so I went like "hell yeah!" Turned out I could not put any blocks in them, like there was some invisible force that made sure I could not put a block in to make the line, but also to make sure it didn''t get a line. So I was basically palying with half an arena.

Composer to the core.
- Simon "Maglok" Korthttp://www.gameproc.com/MM/
i''ve got a week off and a standing offer to produce for free, off to try it out and see what happens.
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net
hey!!! Thanks for the reply guys!! You know why it is vibrating?? Because it knows it will get some new tunes to dance soon and it just cannot control itself... hehehehe just kidding!

I know about a few bugs that the game has, but I was focusing on getting all the stuff that the musicians and graphic artists needed to be able to work done before fixing them... So there they are, a game ready to receive the arts, music and sound fx... Now I can focus on the rest of (code) development..

By the way I know about this misterious force you''re talking about... And I guess I know just how to fix it : ). On saturday I will work with the Graphics artist all day long so hopefully on the next week I''ll have only a few fixes and improvements to do and then I will release a final version of the game...

And about the tune behind it now, I downloaded it from some tracking site, and I don''t know who created it, so even if it is cool, I should not leave it there.... The music engine can handle many different tracks, so if you have any .mod, .it, .sm3 or whatever that you think would fit the game, why don''t we try it???

OK guys typed enough thanks again Maglok and xoxos hope to get some of your stuff into the game!!! bye

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement