new vertex buffer extension

Started by
19 comments, last by sthomas 21 years, 1 month ago
the ARB finally ratified a vertex buffer extension. the spec is here. today is a good day for opengl programmers . -steve.
Advertisement
That''s nice and all, but what does this mean for OpenGL users? I don''t have time to read all *10 pages, and the intro doesn''t come out and say why. It probably doesn''t apply to me, yet, because I''m not that critical. But I''m still interested in state-of-the-art ''built-in'' features--so when exactly will OpenGL v1.4 be released?
Keep coming back, because it's worth it, if you work it, so work it, you're worth it!
YES Was about time, I was desperately waiting for that. Now we just have to wait until NV and ATI include it into their drivers.

quote:
so when exactly will OpenGL v1.4 be released?

24 July 2002
quote:Original post by Yann L
Now we just have to wait until NV and ATI include it into their drivers.

Yeah, that''s what I meant
Keep coming back, because it's worth it, if you work it, so work it, you're worth it!
i like it very much..

offtopic: reading the last some posts of 63616C68h (including math forum stuff), i really start to dislike him.. anyways:D

great extension, currently i''m reading about the überbuffers.. then the gl2 language, and we can start coding real general purpose rendering stuff.. go hw raytracing go!! :D i can''t wait for this summer to come:D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

quote:Original post by Yann L
YES Was about time, I was desperately waiting for that. Now we just have to wait until NV and ATI include it into their drivers.

It''s already in nVidia''s beta drivers from what I''ve read. Haven''t tried it out yet myself.
Apparently it''s the latest ATI developer drivers, too. It won''t be in the public drivers until the Catalyst 3.3s (at earliest), which should appear next month, if ATI continues its current release trends.

Regarding the extension, it looks rather good! It doesn''t appear to handle interleaved arrays as easily as ATI_vertex_array_object, though. . .
-Ostsol
"Apparently it''s the latest ATI developer drivers, too. It won''t be in the public drivers until the Catalyst 3.3s (at earliest), which should appear next month, if ATI continues its current release trends."

Do you know if this will be supported in the radeon 9000 for the next driver release?
It should be. The 9700 doesn''t support anything more than the 9000 in terms of vertex buffering capabilities. . .
-Ostsol
awsome, I can''t wait for the next dirver release

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement