A frankeinstein

Started by
53 comments, last by cpp boy 21 years ago
I think this could be a good idea, why not ask if a new forum be created for this project, and actually one where people can just submit code in general.
Advertisement
Hmm... a Wiki would be very good, I think... I like Wikis
I think a less serious approach would be better:

- The project will be changed by only one person at a time, this person holds the lock for a few days and then passes it on to the next volunteer.
- Comment your code to show what it does, and use whatever coding style you want. If you have to change code someone else wrote you should be able to get it with the comments and a little patience. Just try not to write too obscure code.
- No huge organized project will come out of this, just a big messy hack, but it''ll be fun.

How about that? I think this works best cause this way no one has to manage things and we do not get the endless conflicts and bickering about style. More like a free for all project

Marijn

Great people it decided I'm gooing to do it. And event beter news we alweredy have a forum to use. I've ask the guy and he want us to use the forum. Here a link :http://members.lycos.co.uk/k2studios/index.php. We will use this until I will creaate my own. For now own I'm going to make the site and start dooing these conpunents on the game. A windows and direct draw initialize to it and a full screen mode in 640 * 480 * 8. The next step would be a collective thinking on what project are we gooing to do. And for now on do you think we need a name and my nick on this forum will be CppBoy

Kevin

[edited by - cpp boy on March 26, 2003 9:21:15 PM]
Kevin
Here the link of the current web site (I''m gonna modifie it tommorow and maybe put the first code). You got all starting information on it so here it is : [link]http://www.geocities.com/cvsproject2003/Index.html[/link]

Kevin
Kevin
It would be interesting as an improv type of thing. Maybe the minimum amount of code to enhance it in a meaningful way. Then see what it grows into.
Keys to success: Ability, ambition and opportunity.
usually a good frankeinstein story starts with strong characters, and a strong setting..

The video game equivelent is: having a basic design for the engine, and implementing just enough to have a character walking around in the world. I think after having that, then this might just work
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
This sounds like a fun idea.. and the end result will definitely be very interesting.

I think that marijnh's suggestion of commenting all your code would make a good rule, since nothing sparks a headache more than sifting through heaps of code just to find out what one function call does.

[edit: grammar error..]

[edited by - blueEbola on March 27, 2003 6:59:14 PM]
Here a little news flash. First of all I''m remodelling the entire site and it looks good for now (link will be givin when finish) Second of all, I will be finish whit the first make of the game about saturday or sunday whit these features : Full screen window, no title bar, Direct draw Initialized, 640*480*8 and a flipping surface. That about all and then some one could take on cover whit the specifications. Third of all I''m gonna use Angel fire create an acount and tell you how we will make the transfer. And finally there is a section called Planification of projet and I whant you to follow this when it is indecated there. As for this I''m finishing by saying : that yes you will have to comment, assure yourself that your code works and you will have a 5 to 10 (I wont be that severe at the end) day limit or else you turn is skipped.

Kevin
Kevin
Here the new link on the website. I hope it will help you understand. http://www.geocities.com/cvsproject2003/Index.html

Kevin
Kevin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement