What would YOU do...

Started by
4 comments, last by Fredric 23 years, 11 months ago
I''m kind of upset right now because of something a friend did... Anyhow, here''s what happened: I lent him one of my favorite computer books: HTML in 24 Hours. It was 30 bucks, and it had sentamental value as well, seeing as it was my first computer book ever and kind of stated ''the day I got a computer!''. Anyhow, he ruined the book! He left it in his rugby bag and MESSED it up, getting mud and ripping half the book! Now, what would you do if someone ruined your book like that? I want him to pay me the money back, seeing as he ruined it... but I''m a little shy about asking for the money seeing as he is a friend (and I''m a little bit of a wuss! ). Can anyone give me a little input on what they might do? This is very frustrating for me... There are three types of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
Get him to replace the book for you. No money, he can get it on Ebay for 1$ for all you care, but you have to tell him the book meant something to you.

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining
Hes a friend? Well, if hes a TRUE friend, you shou;dn''t need to ask him to replace it, he just would. Just walk up to him and be like:
quote:
YOU: Hey bitch, you ruin my book?
HIM: Yeah, what about it?
YOU: I want a new one!
HIM: Oh yeah?
YOU: YEAH!!!

*Fight ensues where you win, and he pays you back*

=======================================
A man with no head is still a man.
A head with no man is plain freaky.
Same thing happened to me once. One of my friends borrowed one of my books, and when I got it back, several pages were missing, he had spilled coffe on the cover and so on. He replaced it though

Anyway, you should get him to a) give you money to buy a new book or b) buy a new book for you (in good condition of course).

/. Muzzafarath
Visit my website, Mad House Software
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Haha.. Zipster, you''re a joker man!

Thanks for all your input... you know what, I''m going to ask him for a replacement. It meant more than just some HTML slapped together between two covers to me... even if it did, I think he should replace it. Thanks for all your input, you''ve made me feel better...

There are three types of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
BOOKS ARE HOLY

punish him accordingly (boiling water or fire will do, if it was unintentionally).

Never lend anyone a book again
It will make you look like a freak but you´ll never lose a book again.

BTW: If it´s such a good book he´ll want to buy it anyways, so giving him just the ISBN will do fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement