Need help making NES era game

Started by
6 comments, last by homersimpson645 21 years ago
I need your guys help. To learn game design, I want to make a NES era game. I have some questions on how to make this. Currently, I have what I will need at the most. I have Paint, Milkshape 3D, Notepad, and Bloodshed-Dev. I also have Python. Will I need anything else to do this? Thank you to all who reply to my questions. Best Regards, A Hobo King
LevelguyCurrent Project: Upgrade to Visual C++.NET25%
Advertisement
First of all: What is your current level of experience? Believe it or not NES games really aren''t all that easy.

[edited by - ChildOfKordova on October 11, 2017 10:32:23 AM]
weird
The GIMP could come in handy. It''s always nice to have a half-decent 2d image editor around.
Kordova wanted to know what my level of experience is. I know enough HTML to create an above-average website, enough Python to solve problems, and enough C++ to program basic AI and solve problems. I am learning more programming by reading source code.

A Hobo King
I second the Gimp recommendation.

If you haven''t already, I''d highly recommend programming a few text games or old arcade-style games before you delve into this if you haven''t already. Not as flashy or fun but you have to start somewhere.

weird
quote:Original post by kordova
If you haven''t already, I''d highly recommend programming a few text games or old arcade-style games before you delve into this if you haven''t already. Not as flashy or fun but you have to start somewhere.

weird

i agree
Thanks all! I welcome future comments. As soon as the design document is complete, I''ll make a few text-based and retro-arcade games.

A Hobo King
Uhhm, is not it obvious that you have "paint" & "notepad". (Unless you are using linux, then you are better off with "Gimp") I like photoshop better though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement