Hey is there anyone that can...

Started by
8 comments, last by Gamecreator1227 21 years ago
Hey is there anyone that has aim/aol that can go step by step with programming and helping me out please im very new to this but i really want to get started so if anyone can thanks ooo or msn if any of those leave your msn, aim/aol screen name thanks in advanced. Im such a newb when it comes to making games becouse i dont know c++ and dont have a compiler to my name
Im such a newbwhen it comes to making gamesbecouse i dont know c++and dont have a compiler to my name
Advertisement
Well, we can''t lead you through if you don''t know C++ or have a compiler. It takes a long time to learn C++, and you need a compiler.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
You''d be much better off taking a couple of courses at your local community/junior college.
It really doesnt take that long to be able to make a text game or something, true there are some things that you learn later that would help but its not that hard to learn.

http://www.gametutorials.com

I think this is the first site i went to to learn, it worked for me.

Homepage
Luck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride.
For any total noob out there Here is a like to my tutorials, thry them out
BoC HomepageLuck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride.
You need a compiler. No questions asked.
The tutorial on gametutorials.com is very good in my opinion because i found it went over alot of stuff other tutorials didn't like reading/writing to files and a bunch of other stuff that helps when trying to code games.

And if you need a compiler there is a free one at www.bloodshed.net (i think thats right).

Thats about all you need to get started.

PS. there is a site for people learning to program that you might wanna spend some time at www.instinctz.net

[edited by - MTT on April 21, 2003 2:43:36 PM]
--------------------------http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/icons/icon51.gif ... Hammer time
ugh ok i learned a bit about c and c ++ and i had a compiler it was just i liked that poem but how odl do u have to be to get into junior college cuz im only 14? um.. thanks for the help all? but does anyone know any really good websites that can really help using c language and a linux compiler?

Im such a newb
when it comes to making games
becouse i dont know c++
and dont have a compiler to my name
Im such a newbwhen it comes to making gamesbecouse i dont know c++and dont have a compiler to my name
Dev-Cpp is a free IDE for the gcc compiler(s) (also free)

- Magmai Kai Holmlor

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god nor government" - Rush, Tom Sawyer

[Look for information | GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MSDN RTF[L] | SGI STL Docs | STFW | Asking Smart Questions ]

[Free C++ Libraries | Boost | ACE | Loki | MTL | Blitz++ | wxWindows| Spirit(xBNF)]
[Free C Libraries | zlib ]

- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Keep checking here for when this site is done there will be no more beginners after they come to this site:

Where beginning game developers go.
yes, aim. but i use vb, srry

------------------------------------------------------------
Hell is not a bad place to be
It has just been recently added to the attractions list
If you can't make a decision, the right choice is not to.This link = GameDev.Net Forums

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement