What is .NET ?

Started by
7 comments, last by Hedos 21 years ago
I think this is related to DirectX, but I dont know anything else about .NET Could someone explain me a little bit what it is, or reffer me to a website ? Thanks ------------------------- Account: Hedos - Level 2 Programmer
Advertisement
.NET is a new version of Visual Studio?
It is actually 7.0, but with the newly included language C#, Microsoft needed a new name?

Of course I don''t know this for sure.

.lick
Try www.gotdotnet.com.

"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin."
-- Cardinal Bellarmine
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
.NET is .STUPID for game programming.

The usual stuff goes here for a signature.
quote:Original post by Mathematix
.NET is .STUPID for game programming.

uh no. the ide is so much nicer than 6.0. And to make tools its also much nicer. therefore you are .STUPID
It may look nice, but it''s not as high level, and if you want to program for platforms other than Windows, you should stick to C++. C sharp is teh gay.
Sayonara!~Ninkazu
quote:Original post by Ninkazu
It may look nice, but it''s not as high level, and if you want to program for platforms other than Windows, you should stick to C++. C sharp is teh gay.

It''s not as high level? What?
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
uh no. the ide is so much nicer than 6.0. And to make tools its also much nicer. therefore you are .STUPID

Show yer face, AP!!!

[edited by - mathematix on May 3, 2003 4:20:59 PM]
the anonymous poster confuse Visual Studio .NET compiler version , with .NET platform programming (similar to java), the compiler is called .NET because it supports .NET platform, that is useless in game programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement