Newb Still Wandering!!!

Started by
16 comments, last by BattleGuard 20 years, 12 months ago
I was under the impression that C++.Net could be used as a managed or unmanaged language. So in other words you should be able to get normal C and C++ code and it will compile under C++.Net compiler ( which it does as I have done this myself ).
Advertisement
Well, I kinda actually use it. Use all the text "fancy" editing stuff and the other tools...

BattleGuard

Courage is no lack of fear, it is the will to act in spite of it
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I was under the impression that C++.Net could be used as a managed or unmanaged language. So in other words you should be able to get normal C and C++ code and it will compile under C++.Net compiler ( which it does as I have done this myself ).

That''s my point.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
quote:Original post by BattleGuard
Well, I kinda actually use it. Use all the text "fancy" editing stuff and the other tools...

BattleGuard

You don''t actually write .NET code though, right? You won''t need .NET if you don''t actually write code that utilizes the .NET framework, wich is a good choice IMO because I''m still unsure of what will become of the .NET framework.

Just use unmanaged MS grest FRAMEOWRK is slow and bulky and a game has no real use for it.

Unless your making a kids game. I use the dx9 wizard in unmanaged VC 7.0
Sounds like you need an idea first. What game would you like to make? Even a rough concept to start.

Keep it simple, and it doesn''t matter even if you''re copying an existing game. Just start and practise.
Something Like Tetris or Pac-man maybe. I just need something to get started and then move up. Hey I don''t even know a practical solution to game-dev, I guess I''ll get a book on Game-programming after I learn C++ (.net) ( and just cause I like it)

BattleGuard

If your just starting, any don't know and C/C++ i think Pac-Man or Tetris might be a little much, You should try out Tic-Tac-Toe first, it will get you started with basic stuff. Or you can shoot for Pong or Pac-Man, nothing wrong with high Goals.

[Edit]Had to fix grammer(i cant spell very well[/Edit]

NeFrUgLe

[edited by - NeFrUgLe on May 7, 2003 9:03:26 AM]
-- NeFrUgLe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement