What way is the best?

Started by
3 comments, last by Xeno 23 years, 10 months ago
hhmmm... , im wondering what way is the best to rotate and move the camera (in D3D) the vectors way (vUp , vFrom , vAt...) or the simple degree angles way... because i want to do all by my self , i dont want to use the D3DX or D3DUtil liberys because i think that writing something by yourself is the best way to learn and understand. right now im using the second way (angles) and i saw that most of the D3D programmer using the vectors way. so what to choose? , because i want to do it by myself. Thanks . Posted By Xeno. Kobe Bryant - "Just believe in yourself" Visit my web site : VSoft

------------------------------- Goblineye Entertainment------------------------------

Advertisement
hmmm... somebody?
Thanks

Posted By Xeno.
Kobe Bryant - "Just believe in yourself"

Visit my web site : VSoft

------------------------------- Goblineye Entertainment------------------------------

I don''t understand your problem. I will try to answer though. Wichlord has a tutorial on how to rotate matracies with a series of Rotate[X/Y/Z]Matrix and a few multiplications. If you are wondering how to rotate the world or camera using the vectors way like you said, you could use a function that gets a position on a circle from an X and Y rotation.

------------------------
Captured Reality.
If you think about it the vectors are just an abstract way to visualize the angles, in the end it all comes out the same, so just choose a way and stick with it :p
I use the point the camera at method. This is of course where you would set up your camera''s view matrix to look at a specific spot in space. I find this a much easier method of keeping track of the camera''s position at all times

Demetrios Georgeadis
Director/Programmer
Oniera Software Artists
www.oniera.com
Demetrios GeorgeadisDirector/ProgrammerOniera Software Artists

www.oniera.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement