[java] Leading Storage Company

Started by
4 comments, last by kphelps 23 years, 11 months ago
Come join the World''s finest, financially successful, leading edge Enterprise Storage company in the Boston, MA. EMC is to enterprise storage systems what Cisco is to networking gear and Sun is to servers--the unmatched leader. Our track record helps explain why the company''s latest annual report says it was the best performing stock on the New York Stock Exchange for the 1990s, soaring an incredible 81%. Management anticipates that its sales will reach $12 billion by 2001, up from $6.7 billion in 1999. While the industry is expected to grow at a rate of about 21%, annually, management are optimistic that going forward, EMC''s bottom-line will rise in excess of 30%. In a nutshell, EMC is the leading supplier of data storage systems, which are viewed as indispensable in the growing Internet economy. The company has buttressed its well regarded technology with an aggressive sales force and solid customer support. We are looking for a JAVA Application Developer. If your background fits the job description below and your interested in a Boston opportunity, please email me your resume and good time for us to talk. I look forward to hearing from you. Kurt Phelps toll free 888.338.9087 kphelps@globalnetr.com Benefits: Stock options Annual Bonuses 10-15% Excellent Salary (ranges $100k +++ depending on exp. ) Excellent Benefits Tremendous growth potential Dynamic work environment - employee oriented Sign-On bonus Full relocation package Senior JAVA Application Developer Job Specification:Senior JAVA Application Developer Engineers are members of the SRDF/IP Engineering team whose primary work involves designing and developing product that is based on SRDF/IP technology. The role of the individual includes: * Help design and implement application modules based on requirement. * Enhance and troubleshoot existing application modules. * Design and enhance existing user interface. * Provide periodic technical inputs as far as application needs to the Engineering Software Development team. Education/Experience:Bachelor''s degree with 5+ years overall experience of commercial application development. 1+ years of JAVA experience and object oriented methodology. Skillsersonnel must be well organized, detail oriented, have extensive DB/Web/E-commerce knowledge, and have general local and wide area networking knowledge. They should have in depth knowledge of Oracle database management, database clustering and replication. Web server function, database development tools, operating systems and remote system administration. Specialties in window''s NT OS, Unix OS, MS SQL Server and Web enabled systems desired.
Advertisement
I think it''s kind of funny/ironic how the forum''s auto-glyph mechanism caught this guy''s msg. And no I won''t mention how it should have been put in the Help Wanted section (although I totally understand why someone would choose to post here anyways ).

joeG
joeG
What are your opinions on allowing this kind of messages? Should we allow them here or should we just throw them away?
-Pasi Keranen
The poster put the same message in the Help Wanted section, too. Perhaps he felt it would be lost in the mass of posts there, and he''d get a better response putting the ad up in the most relevant forum.

Personally I think this forum is for discussion of Java programming topics, specifically as relevant to game programming, and should stay that way. Perhaps the Help Wanted section could be more compartmentalized by discipline, and then employers won''t feel compelled to post in the discussion forums.

I am a Jedi, like my father before me
Funny, I just heard an ad on the radio for these guys here in Boston not 5 minutes ago...

Creepy.

I would prefer if this stuff was not in here. It makes sense to put it here, but it detracts from the forum. I would agree with SteveMeister that it may be good to have catagories under Help Wanted.

kphelps would probably prefer to post to a ''Java Guru Employment'' catagory anyway...
I have to agree with everyone else... It''s understandable that he would want to post here, but if everyone and their grandmother who was looking for java programmers would begin to post here. I think the msg board would lose it''s purpose by doing so... My 2 cents.

War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement