How i do to show text over Counter Strike?

Started by
4 comments, last by miguelito 20 years, 11 months ago
Hi, i''m programmer in Delphi 6-7, and i''m only work with database apps, but in my last project,( a cyber cafe control) i''m need to show to the users a message dialog just ten or five minutes before their rent time terminate. But this dialog interrupt their game( switching to my program''s dialog). How i do to show a dialog without interrupt games as Counter Strike or anotherlike it? thanks. Pd.: i never programmed in graphic mode.
Advertisement
I don''t see how you can show something on the screen without interrupting the game, as the game has exclusive control of the screen. Also, some games tend to lock up if they are interrupted.

Never fear, however, because there is a work-around for everything. If you can''t figure it out, maybe you could play a WAV or something saying "Your time is almost expired", or simply beep (although a lot of people probably won''t know what the beep means.)

I wish you luck.
Maybe look into setting up a small LCD off of a USB or serial port?
Fullscreen 3d games (like CS) makes sure they are on top of the desktop and will pause or crash if you try to change that..

Play a sound is the best solution I can figure out
----------------------------------------------Petter Nordlander"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. They who understand binary and those who do not"
Look into their network protocol, and make all the clients connect to the server through a proxy.
When the time is about to expire, then send, via that proxy, a text message that says time is about to expire. Simple and effective.

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
there s an easier way

there s a message showmenu in every HL mod

all you need to do is send the client a message with a string

it will automatically show up on the screen

for more information have a look at some old menu tutorials for the halflife SDK

and get some info about the netprotocol hl uses

www.resourcecode.de has a summary about the protocol

it s all UDP btw
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement