comment on my game idea NOT A MMORPG!

Started by
13 comments, last by bzroom 20 years, 11 months ago
Another idea me and my buddy thought of today was to upgrade Space Invaders.

It would be set in a major US city probably and you had an elite deffence weapon. It was mech that could hover and had cannons and fun stuff, if could also transform into a motorcycle that you could drive around and shoot from (less fire power). A third state it could be in would be defence mode, it would just sit there with a terret and shoot anything but you that moves. Aliens could steal your mech if you get out and don''t put it in defence mode (or if its left in bike mode). The disadvantage to defence mode is it takes a while to transform, when u need it you may have to wait and you would be under attack. Aliens would be dropped off by transport ships and you win once you secure the city. Once again this would be a FPS + Mech + Motorcycle (of some kind) - strategy, just shoot everything faster then it comes.

Please constructively comment on both of these ideas.

Advertisement
Here is my start on a design document for the space invaders idea. It sounds more interesting to me so i decided to expand it alittle first. Please read it and Please give me your comments.

http://honayboyz.tripod.com/plot.doc
Eh? I''m sorry, but first off honayboyz, that''s just _not_ Space Invaders and, secondly, it''s copyrighted material

quote:
...making a FPS-STRATEGY is not really more original than a MMORPG

I beg to differ, in fact I''m going to be putting one together starting at least by next year (Universal Genocide - MMORTS/FPS). As for the differences in the two, one bg difference is the fact that most RPGs focus on either one or a team of characters and their ''role'' in the game, meanwhile RTS is based on strategizing and commanding a force in order to achieve a win and FPS games are mostly just shoot-to-kill fragfests being played through the characters perspective.

Both FPS and RTS are indeed two very differentiating genres, yet the trick is to combine them properly without neglecting either side of the coin. I have figured out a great way to achieve this and I had already made a prototype PnP Game based on the same ideas.

I expect everyone will love it, I''ve already discussed many of the quality features with local gamers and had many a ,"dude, give me a discount, please!! Screw that, here''s the cash now just hurry up and make the damn thing!"

But then again, I get that with all my designs

Good luck guys!

- Christopher Dapo ~ Ronixus
quote:Original post by honayboyz
Here is my start on a design document for the space invaders idea. It sounds more interesting to me so i decided to expand it alittle first. Please read it and Please give me your comments.

http://honayboyz.tripod.com/plot.doc

ok my bad you were not trolling Now it looks a lot more interesting and serious.
Darkhaven Beta-test stage coming soon.
Sounds like you have a good frame for a story, but you realy need to work on the details to make it good. I mean look at Independance Day, it wasn''t an original concept, but it was damn good because of the characters involoved. You need to work out what each planet is like, and you need to have specific missions, because a planet can be huge or just about the size of Texas. I''m seeing something like a mix of StarCraft, Starfox, and Halo, coming out of this, from what you described. For each planet, why not make it a little like the MegaMan series was (without the sidescrolling style of course)? I mean, since you have a choice, you can make it as hard or as easy as you like depending on what you do.

Like I said, it sounds like you have a good frame, but you need to work on the details.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement