Bezier Patch Problems

Started by
4 comments, last by ISOPimp 20 years, 10 months ago
I am having a couple problems with my bezier patch generation and was wondering if maybe any of you could figure it out. First off, the lighting on my patch is fairly off. You can see the individual patches even at high tesseleation levels (30x30 4 triangle patchs). Here is what it looks like: here is what its supposed to look like: I checked my normal calculations but they seem to be consistent with other calculations ive seen. My Second problem is the sideways texture, but Im still working on figureing out that one so its not a priority... Here is the complete source: Source Thanks [edited by - ISOPimp on June 5, 2003 2:26:29 PM]
Advertisement
Did I post in the wrong forum?
Don''t know, I''m quite new to this, but maybe phong model for lighting?
I think you would get more posts in Graphics programming and theory. Maybe ask moderator to move?
Make sure that you use smooth shading. From the looks of it you use flat shading or supply a normal per triangle instead of a normal per vertex.
Thomas - www.moelhave.dk
Moved to graphics forum.

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts
"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it''s done." - Scott Adams
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement