Computer languages

Started by
20 comments, last by The_C_Guy 23 years, 10 months ago
What is your favorite computer language and why?
http://www.crosswinds.net/~druidgames/resist.jpg
Advertisement
VC++ because that is the most powerfull and what the industry uses. I also know fortran (which is pointless when you can use C++) and also scheme which makes me pissed off becuase my damn stupid university forced us to learn that worthless piece of horse sh$t.

Possibility
C++. Procedural programming. Object-oriented programming. Generic programming. Speed. Power. I love it.
And I know basic/vb, pascal and java.
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.
I would have to say that my favorite language right now is C++ but Java comes in a very close second.

Java is no good for most game programming game issues but it is soooo easy to program in Java.

I like C++ for game programming because of the performance but classes are much more friendly in Java.

Creativity -- Concept -- Code

Your game is nothing if you don't have all three.

Creativity -- Concept -- CodeYour game is nothing if you don't have all three.http://www.wam.umd.edu/~dlg/terc.htm
Hiya,

I''d have to say C with some C++ extensions (like classes and such). Chance are I''ll get heavily into C++ as soon as I figure it out , but for now C is my favorite.

Good luck!

-Krylar
Gee. Wonder what mine is.

------------------------
Captured Reality.
Graphics programming: C++ ( Visual C++ 6.0 plain vanilla )
UI programming: C++ ( Visual C+ 6.0 using ATL and MFC )
Text processing: Perl ( perl''s regular expressions KICK ASS! )

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ (V)/\|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
C++ as a language, VC++ as a compiler.

quote:
fortran (which is pointless when you can use C++)

Correct me if I''m wrong, but I''ve heard fortran is quite good for AI?

J2xC (J. Connolly)

"Then study this: Borg provokes Klingon, Klingon breaks Borg's nose" Belanna Torres, Star Trek Voyager 5.11 "Someone to watch over me"

J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
C++ (with VC++ to compile) and then Java. I like the OOP aspects of C++ and the way you can either control everything low-level, but also do parts high-level if you want.

I only really know the basics of Java, so I don't know how far it can go yet, but I do like the way it handles classes (ie. you dont have a choice but to use them )

- Daniel
my homepage

Edited by - deakin on June 12, 2000 6:26:53 AM
- DanielMy homepage
Game programming: C with slight C++ extensions
Really speed critical stuff: Assembly
UI programming: C++
Small scale simple UI stuff: VB
WWW programming: Java

Those are my preferences for languages. Quite sophisticated, see?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement