Animating a Flag

Started by
5 comments, last by CuteBug 20 years, 10 months ago
Can anyone please tell me how to animate a flag fluttering in the wind using Bezier Curves. How do me move the control points of the Curve so that it appears as if a wave is travelling forward? Plz help... I have an exam soon and this is one of the probable questions... "There is a Bug in every Code!"
"There is a Bug in every Code!"
Advertisement
You could do it with a sine that flattens, an animated object or physics calculations.

"My basic needs in life are food, love and a C++ compiler"
[Project AlterNova] [Novanet]
[www.LifeIsDigital.net - My open source projects and articles.
Well how do I implement a sine curve using Bezier Curves? and How do I flatten it?

Probably the best way to animate a flag realistically is to create a cloth simulation,
and add some wind and gravity. Then record the animation for a couple seconds.

Animation has nothing to do with bezier curves. That is just something you would
have to convert to if you need bezier curves for some reason.
Buddy, This is one of the probable questions of my graphics lab exam. I dont know how to simulate a cloth mesh or adding wind and gravity to it.

I want to make a flag which flutters (like a wave travelling forward) in VC++ using Bezier curves.

coughlamagooglecoughnowcoughprocrastinatingcoughwewontdoyourhomeworkforyoucoughgoogle
Signature is under consideration...
quote:Original post by CuteBug
Buddy, This is one of the probable questions of my graphics lab exam. I dont know how to simulate a cloth mesh or adding wind and gravity to it.

We''re not here to help you pass an exam. In fact, we down right don''t give a damn.

So, do like a normal student does, and read the books you were assigned. And, judging from your question, you need to do a LOT of reading if you plan to even come close to passing this exam.

Trent Polack
trent.codershq.com
trent@codershq.com
Author of Focus on 3D Terrain Programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement