whats the difference?

Started by
6 comments, last by DarkIceNetwork 20 years, 10 months ago
what is the difference between gmax and 3ds max? i can't figure it out.. if gmax is free why is it used in some top games? can any one tell me: that's all im asking.. don't yell at me eh: why does every one hate me? i ask 2 question then where fighting? its cause im white huh? [edited by - darkicenetwork on June 17, 2003 9:43:53 AM]
~~~~~~~ The Dark Ness comes for you... wheres the ice?~~~~
Advertisement
Gmax is sort of a limited version of 3DSMax. I doubt that pro game developers use gmax to make their game content--they use 3DSMax, or some similar package. Gmax is designed for the modder community, not the pro community. Developers that want to facilitate modding for their game can license it and write an exporter for gmax that ports one''s creations in it to the native game format.

Also, the 3DSMax native format is open. I think. At least, people know about it. The gmax file format is closed. No one publicly should be able to write a file converter to/from it.

yckx

I don''t hate you because you''re white. I find you childish because you ignore simple grammar, punctuation and spelling rules; and because you bring up race inappropriately.
i think there isn''t any render engine in gmax too.

the Seby
------------------------ - Seby -www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
thx, i found out what it was thx you for your help:

why does every one hate me? i ask 2 question then where fighting? its cause im white huh?
Change your damn signiture!!!
I AM an Army of One... I just have 10,000 other Armies of One to back me up!
umm why?

why does every one hate me? i ask 2 question then where fighting? its cause im white huh?
because its retarded and you can tell that you''re 13 by the way it screams for attention towards you...

---------------------------------------------------
laziness is the foundation of efficiency
retrospiral.net | llamas! | megatokyo | FreeBSD | gamedev.net | google
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I just want to tell you DarkIce that I dislike you, your an ignorant racist.

And to the rest of you forum members, please, PLEASE! DO NOT answer his questions!!!!
----Me: So do you know any computer languages?Friend: Ummm....yeah, I used to know l337 talk.Me: ok....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement