Just some games that I wrote!!

Started by
6 comments, last by giant 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi. I am just here to ask people what they think of my work. Its all available at www.ciaranmccormack.tk Almost all this work was completed over a 4 month period, from January to April of this year. I am going to use it as a portfolio to get people interested (programmers, modelers and artists) in future projects that I am undertaking. There is such projects already. One of my friends has written a movie script, and in my opinion it is excellent. He is getting finacned to direct the movie and both of us want to make a game, sort of for fun, but it is also a great oppertunity, cause the game has a 100% chance of been distributed on the movie DVD if completed correctly. It will be a fighting game like Tekken with the movie characters and special weapons etc...If you look at my stuff and would like to get involved in a project like this can you let me know. Also if you make any levels for Breakout or any animations/scripts with the other programs can you send them to me so that I can add them to my site. Thanks. Ohh yeah, the site is a free site hosted by brinkster so has a pretty small bandwidth, so if it goes offline, please look back again later.
Advertisement
your "links" dont work
our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good
Hi.

Sorry about that. It seems to be acting weird. When I copied and pasted the link it didnt work, but when I typed the same thing in manually it worked fine.

Here they are again

www.ciaranmccormack.tk

or else use

www27.brinkster.com/ciaranmccormac

Thanks
I tried all your three games:

1) Stink: too fast for my Pentium4 1700 mhz, it was so fast that a play dured just 3 seconds. You have to slow it.

2) Columns: It''s a good game, the thing I suggest you is to do smooth movements also for right and left shifts. A good clone after all.

3) BreakOut: A good arkanoid clone, I liked how the ship looks, but not the bricks. There is an imprecision about the ball simulation, it''s a rule of arkanoid that when a ball hits the ship (going from the left to the right) on the left side, the ball takes a direction to the left, on the right side the ball takes a direction to the right and vice versa. I give you an example:
o
\
o
<--- ===== <---

<-o
\_
\_
o (hit!)
<--- ===== <---

o
\
o
<--- ===== <---

o->
_/
_/
o (hit!)
<--- ===== <---

I hope it will help you. Bye.
We are just a little software house...
Okay, well, this holy forum seems to be not working with asci arts, so my asci painting is now uncomprehensible. I hope my explanation was clear, if not you have to play an old arkanoid game to find the different ball simulation. Bye.
We are just a little software house...
Hi TSRevolution

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I think I understand what you are saying about the ball bouncing off the paddle. I considered doing it like that having seem some game implementing such, but decided on doing it another way that I saw. I''ll explain what I do.

The direction that the ball takes after hitting the paddle depends on where it hits the paddle. THere is sort of a force traveling from the center of the paddle to the sides, both left and right. If a ball is traveling from Left to RIght and hits the left side of the paddle it will encounter a <-<-<- force making the ball bounce off at a steeper angle, if it hits the center of the paddle it will encounter no force resulting in a perfect elastic deflection and if it hits the right side it will encounter a ->->-> force making the ball bounce at a less steep angle. (same of right to left movment but negated)

ITs very difficult to explain without a picture so the above might just sound like jibberish.

Ciaran
I don''t think having your screenshots int MS bitmap format is a good idea, try png, gif or jpeg. PNG is the best in my opinion.
quote:Original post by TSRevolution
               o                  \                 o             <--- =====  <---                       <-o            \_                \_                 o (hit!)          <--- =====  <---                    o                    \                     o             <--- =====  <---                                      o->                      _/                    _/                    o  (hit!)           <--- =====  <--- 

I hope it will help you. Bye.

How''s that?

-solo (my site)
-solo (my site)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement