good mesh format that supports animation?

Started by
0 comments, last by billybob 20 years, 10 months ago
I am looking for a good mesh format that supports at least vertex based animation, i''m going to need skeletal at some point, so it might as well have that too. the only formats i know that exist are obj, 3ds and md2/3. I''d like to avoid md* (not sure if my artist''s program supports it), and 3ds doesn''t support animation. what are the options?
Advertisement
quote:Original post by billybob
I am looking for a good mesh format that supports at least vertex based animation, i''m going to need skeletal at some point, so it might as well have that too. the only formats i know that exist are obj, 3ds and md2/3. I''d like to avoid md* (not sure if my artist''s program supports it), and 3ds doesn''t support animation. what are the options?

First of all the obj format is static,second the 3DS are fully animated but it''s a lilie hard to do it .MD2 support only rude keyframes but they are good enough for simple animation(tell him Entropy ) and MD3 supports some kind of bone animation.Other possibilities are the MS3D or custom format which i highly recommend!

"You losers better learn...NOONE CONTROLS OUR GOD DAMN LIFE!!!" - MANOWAR

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement