Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Install Shield

This topic is 6384 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You can also get Intel''s installation software, which comes with an SDK and examples and everything else you need to use it. I haven''t used it yet, but I have downloaded it. BTW, that''s the same software that MS used to create the Office 2000 setup program, which IMO is much better than previous versions. Oh and it does repair, too.

The actual file is called IntelSDK and you can find it on the MS site somewhere (or Intel''s site). I forget exactly where I downloaded it.

- null_pointer
Sabre Multimedia

InnoSetup!

It''s a free setup compiler. Alone it''s not that great, since it doens''t have a gui (as I said, it''s a compiler), but if you use one of the third party apps it''s pretty nice.

Besides, it''s free .

--TheGoop

I just had to chime in here and reiterate TheGoop''s suggestion: InnoSetup kicks ass. It''s free, it''s easy to work with (especially if you get one of the 3rd party helper apps) and it works great. My company is actually using it for our commercial apps (Inno is free for commercial use, too). On their Third Party Apps page you''ll also find Inno Setup Extensions, which adds the Windows 2000 -style wizard setup appearance, among other cool things.

http://www.jordanr.dhs.org/isinfo.htm

I know what you mean about those cool warez installs - those are probably custom coded from the ground up by somebody in the group.