Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drooling Iguana

Scaling/rotating SDL surfaces

This topic is 5481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
http://home.swipnet.se/cal_home/sge/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That SGE library looks interesting. I''ll take a closer look at it tomorrow, but from what I''ve seen it looks like it''ll suit my needs. I was in the process of teaching myself OpenGL so that I could switch my graphics code over to it, but now that I''ve found an SDL library that does what I need it to do I think I''ll put that off for a bit longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I took a look at the SGE library, and it suits my needs reasonably well, but I can''t seem to get it to preserve my image''s transparancy when it blits it to the screen. I''ve tried it with both colorkeyed bitmaps and alpha channeled PNGs, and it still draws a solid colour box around my sprite. I can''t seem to find any information on how to fix this on the SGE website. Anyone know what I should do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SGE doesn''t do color keying, so your best bet is to stick to 2D OpenGL and alpha channels. Much faster than software rendering, too, and it looks nicer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I''ve been trying to compile SDL with OpenGL support, but the source tarball on their web page doesn''t compile. It gives the following error when I type "make" (after running configure, of course):

SDL_stretch.c:264:47: missing terminating " character
SDL_stretch.c:266:25: missing terminating " character

Anyone know where I can find a copy of the SDL source that actually works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Actually, I got the CVS version yesterday and it worked. Apparently they changed GCC to be more standards compliant some time between when the 1.2.5 release was made and the time I tried to compile it, which caused some of the inline assembly to not work properly. They fixed it in the CVS version, though, and it works fine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!