3d Modeller

Started by
2 comments, last by Jaxks 23 years, 10 months ago
What Modeller & renderer(noncommercial) do you use with X11/KDE... Someone has Lokis linux game portings(HOMM3,Heavy gear...) on Lokis site reads it won´t work with Xfree86 4.0. So is latest Xfree worth of installing yet with latest Nvidia drivers wich support Direct rendering.
Advertisement
Two questions right?

I can answer the first, Blender-modeler, POV-Ray-renderer.

joeG
joeG
I''ll have to agree with Joe on this one...

Quick Q for joe, however...
what format does Blender use for models? (i.e. can they be used for realtime gfx, is will everything have to be pre-rendered?)

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Blender currenly uses an internal format (.blend) which is not compatible with anything. However, it is able to export VRML 1.0 and DXF files. Both are far from perfect.

With the C-key version of Blender (commercial), you can do scripting in Python, so then you could export almost anything you need. I thought all C-key features become free with the release of version 1.8, within a few weeks.

The 2.0 version of Blender will be entirely free again, and contain all options in all free versions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement