Original Post
It seems to me that there is a dearth of information on the internet with regards to simulation in games. While looking for information regarding techniques used in simulation games such as SimCity and business strategy games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, I found almost no information on the subject.
I found better success looking for information on simulation in general; I found some information while scouring sites for university courses on business simulation. I also found a few books that deal with simulation for business purposes, but I was hesistant to buy them because I wasn''t sure which one(s) would be most informative and useful for what I''m looking for.
I guess what I''m asking is, am I looking in the wrong places? Am I using the wrong terms for these sort of games? I''m really interested in how simulation is used in games, but it''s been really difficult to find a lot of information on the subject.
Does anyone know of or can recommend any resources/books/information regarding simulation in games, or simulation of systems in general that can be applied to games? I''d appreciate it if you could even give me some better terms that I could use in a google search - ones that I usually use are "simulation of business systems," "simulation of business processes", "business simulation."