Trying to build DirectX file LINKER ERROR

Started by
2 comments, last by FobGangsta 23 years, 10 months ago
Can someone help me I am using MSVC++ 6.0 professional and when I try to build even a simple directdraw program i get the following error message: DOMINATION.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectDrawCreateEx@16 DOMINATION.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw7 Debug/DOMINATION.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals i have already added the include files and the lib file under the tools options menu what the heck is going on i hate windows... any help would be appreciated THANK YOU ;o)
Advertisement
Ok this happens because you hate Windows!!

The error message is telling you that the libraries are missing during the linking process.

Did you really add these files to the project settings( for DEBUG and RELEASE? ) - you wrote something about options menue...maybe you only included the paths to the libraries!
Perhaps you have included directories of an older directx as well, that is why it only gets errors on the new directx stuff. Make sure you only have the newest directories included.
-------------I am a Juggalo.
Nah it was cause I had to link DXGUID.lib as well as the other library. Lets give a big round of applause to the ole'' directx documentation as we promptly flush it down the toilet cause it''s SHIT

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement